At Folklore Publishing, we are developing a library of wonderful stories about Canadian heroes and our glorious but often unsung past. With a focus on Canadian history and contemporary culture, Folklore titles contribute significantly to the understanding of our community and ourselves. Our editorial policy consciously seeks to craft works that are both historically accurate and accessible to a broad readership, so that interest and pride in, and knowledge of, Canadian history and culture is stimulated in a diverse cross-section of Canadians, both those born here and those who have embraced this land as their home.
Folklore Publishing develops titles in several series and topics:
- 20th Century series: Compendiums of biographies and stories of famous Canadians and their accomplishments, e.g., Bush Pilots
- Great Canadian Stories series: Biographies of Canada’s history makers, e.g., Great Canadians
- Legends series:
- Tales of history with engaging stories of adventure, misadventure and humour with people and events in the history of Canada and North America, e.g., Mounties March West
- Tales of the First Nations: Stories of Native leaders who tried desperately to retain a way of life threatened by the arrival of European settlers, e.g., Sitting Bull in Canada
- Star Biographies under the Icon Press imprint: Entertaining biographies of famous actors and musicians, e.g., Julia Roberts
- Amazing Animals series: Heart-warming and humorous stories about domesticated and wild animals, e.g., Pet Heroes
- Joke and Humour titles: Collections of jokes from regions and groups across Canada and North America and other humour titles, e.g., Boomer Humor
- Twisted History: History from an “outside-the-box” perspective, e.g., My Canada
- iThink Books: A series of children’s titles that includes truly Canadian alphabet books, e.g. Canada Alphabet Book; Canadian Animals Alphabet Book.
- Humour titles for kids: LOL Dogs; Knock Knock Bird Brains.