Folklore Publishing was founded in 2001 with a mandate to publish well-written and accessible popular histories drawn from North America’s past. Today we have more than 100 titles in print and continue to build a dynamic list. Our imprints include:
Folklore Publishing’s mission is to provide accessible, high-quality, affordable books about Canadian history as well as valuable reference titles and entertaining books for a general audience. Folklore strives to:
- Create interesting, accessible and humorous reads,
- Use a narrative style to describe memorable events and people,
- Draw on archival and contemporary photos to invite the reader into the lives of people from the past and the present,
- Bring to life the remarkable adventures, personalities and accomplishments of great Canadians,
- Achieve a commitment to superior research and writing, and
- Produce quality products of good value for the consumer.
Produced with the assistance of the Government of Alberta.
We acknowledged the financial support of the Government of Canada.
Nous reconnaissons l’appui financier du gouvernement du Canada.